The WCSQM alumni association is run by, and for, students, and is open and free to join for all World Class students from accredited partner schools who:
- Have successfully undertaken the accreditation process on behalf of their school
- Have taken on a project management role at a WCSQM event (Symposium, Awards Ceremony etc.)
- Have been nominated by their school to be World Class ambassadors
The WCSQM alumni association has been created to provide young people who have World Class skills and competencies with the opportunities to network and build their confidence to realise their potential. The association supports them to access life-changing and career-developing opportunities as they progress through further and higher education and on to employment.
The benefits of being a WCSQM Alumni
The Alumni Association provides a support network for World Class students, enabling them to develop and strengthen the peer relationships formed during the collaborative accreditation process and assessment centre event. It also offers a number of benefits to support students as they progress through school and transition to further or higher education and on to employment, including:
- An open invitation to WCSQM events offering World Class networking opportunities and prestigious keynote talks
- The opportunity to be directly involved in running WCSQM’s student-led annual symposium and awards ceremony
- Bespoke WCSQM references on request acknowledging the individual student’s contribution to WCSQM and their World Class skills and competencies
- Access to a network of World Class alumni students across the country
- The opportunity to take part in events and tours in some of the most prestigious educational establishments in the UK, with admissions advice and guidance provided
Alumni Association groups
As the number of alumni students grows year on year, committee members manage the association across a number of distinct interest groups. Alumni members are welcome to join as many of these groups as they like:
- Human Sciences
- Technology and Engineering
- Physics and Mathematics
- Social Sciences
- Humanities and Languages
- Performing Arts
- Active Citizenship
The Alumni Association Committee
The Alumni Association is run by a dedicated group of Alumni students who work together on a voluntary basis to promote the Association to new members, and to offer existing student members exciting opportunities, activities and peer advice, to support their World Class future. The committee offers a number of exciting roles for Alumni members looking for a flexible volunteering role that involves working alongside your World Class peers, to gain invaluable work and peer networking experience ideal for informing university personal statements.
Watch the following video from our 2021 Symposium – the inaugural Alumni committee members, now entering their second year at university, share their experience of being involved in the committee, and the impact it has made on their lives.
If you’re not already a member, you can sign up to the Alumni Association by filling in your details on the form below or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alumni Association Sign-up Form
You’re also encouraged to follow the Alumni Association on social media to ensure you’re getting all the relevant updates: