The WCSQM alumni association is run by, and for, students, and is open and free to join for all World Class students from accredited partner schools who:
- Have successfully undertaken the accreditation process on behalf of their school
- Have taken on a project management role at a WCSQM event (Symposium, Awards Ceremony etc.)
- Have been nominated by their school to be World Class ambassadors
The WCSQM alumni association has been created to provide young people who have World Class skills and competencies with the opportunities to network and build their confidence to realise their potential. The association supports them to access life-changing and career-developing opportunities as they progress through further and higher education and on to employment.
The benefits of being a WCSQM Alumni
The Alumni Association provides a support network for World Class students, enabling them to develop and strengthen the peer relationships formed during the collaborative accreditation process and assessment centre event. It also offers a number of benefits to support students as they progress through school and transition to further or higher education and on to employment, including:
- An open invitation to WCSQM events offering World Class networking opportunities and prestigious keynote talks
- The opportunity to be directly involved in running WCSQM’s student-led annual symposium and awards ceremony
- Bespoke WCSQM references on request acknowledging the individual student’s contribution to WCSQM and their World Class skills and competencies
- Access to a network of World Class alumni students across the country
- The opportunity to take part in events and tours in some of the most prestigious educational establishments in the UK, with admissions advice and guidance provided
Alumni Association groups
As the number of alumni students grows year on year, committee members manage the association across a number of distinct interest groups. Alumni members are welcome to join as many of these groups as they like:
- Human Sciences
- Technology and Engineering
- Physics and Mathematics
- Social Sciences
- Humanities and Languages
- Performing Arts
- Active Citizenship
Enter the 2021 Alumni Competition
All World Class alumni students aged 13+ are invited to join the Alumni Association’s first ever competition to be in with a prize of winning £100 Amazon vouchers and promotion of your piece on the WCSQM website, social media and across the World Class network of schools. Watch the video to find out more from our Alumni Association committee.
Create and submit a piece reacting to the question,‘How can you make a change as a World Class student?’
Your submission can take ANY form. It could be: storytelling / stand-up / puppetry / self-penned monologue / mask work / soundscape / dance or movement piece / essay / article / leaflet / pamphlet / podcast / interview. Let your creative juices flow!
How to enter
- Follow the WCSQM Alumni Association on social media (see details below) and send a photo to prove you have done this either via social media or by email with your submission
- Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend a Zoom night (date tbc) where the winner will be reveale
Deadline for entries: 30th June 2021 before 5pm
Prizes: £100 Amazon voucher for the winning entry, £50 Amazon voucher for 2nd place, £25 Amazon voucher for 3rd place
We can’t wait to receive your entries. Good luck!
If you’re not already a member, you can sign up by filling in your details on the form below or emailing email@example.com.
You’re also encouraged to follow the Alumni Association on social media to ensure you’re getting all the relevant updates:
The Alumni Committee presented a session at the 2020 Virtual Symposium about how to join and the benefits of membership