We are a registered charity, World Class Schools Quality Mark, registered at Harpenden Hall, Southdown Road, Harpenden AL5 1TE. We are a Data Controller, and are committed to protecting your data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The central contact for data protection can be contacted through email@example.com
Processing personal data
We process personal data relating to World Class accredited and accrediting school staff, students, alumni students and trustees, suppliers and partners, in order to facilitate the accreditation process, and to maintain the benefits and services offered to accredited schools and members of the WCSQM Alumni Association.
What personal data do we collect and how?
World Class suppliers and other partners – We may collect your data from publicly available sources, if you give it to us or if a mutual connection puts us in touch. Typically we collect your name, email address and telephone number.
WCSQM accrediting students – Your school may provide us with your name, school, year group and email address. Where you have requested references we may hold information on UCAS or other relevant applications.
Qualified and lead assessors – You will have provided us with your name, age, the name of your school and your email address, as well as your bank account details in order for us to process your assessor payment.
WCSQM alumni students – you will have provided us with your name, year group, the name of your school and your email address. You may have provided us with a personal profile for publication on the WCSQM website, and where you have requested references or applied for a voluntary role we may hold information on UCAS or other relevant applications.
World Class School contacts – Through the accreditation process you will have provided us with your name, position, the name of your school, your email address and telephone number.
World Class School online enquirers – If you have made an enquiry via the WCSQM website we will collect your name, organisation, email address and telephone number.
What do we do with your data?
We look after your personal data by keeping it up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting it from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect it.
We store your data on the secure cloud based service G-Suite, and we use Gmail for email communications.
The reasons we use your data are as follows:
For World Class accredited / accrediting / subscribing schools
- We use your email address to share relevant information relating to your WCSQM accreditation application, as well as events, offers, resources, opportunities and benefits we feel will be of interest to our accredited schools.
- We use your email address to contact you in relation to any matters raising relating to your WCSQM app subscription.
- Where you have provided us with a telephone number we may contact you directly about opportunities that may arise to help your school and students capitalise on your WCSQM accreditation. Whether this is your personal or school telephone number will depend on the number you have provided.
- We use your school postcode to determine whether people in your area are likely to go to university using The Office for Students POLAR higher education participation measure. In addition we also use postcode data to determine which category of ACORN neighbourhood WCSQM students come from. We use this data to apply for funding from higher education Access funds, which prioritise those from areas less likely to attend university.
For World Class students
- For students undertaking the assessment process we will share your name, year group, the name of your school and, where this is provided, your school email address, with your assessors, the assessment team and your WCSQM Assessment Centre peers, in order to facilitate the assessment process.
- For student assessors, we will use your information to identify the relevant level of training required, to match you with the students you will be assessing, and to contact you with information and guidance on your role as a WCSQM assessor. Your name, age, the name of your school and your email address will be shared with the students you will be assessing.
- If you have provided us with your personal profile this will be shared on the WCSQM website.
- If you have signed up to the WCSQM Alumni Association we will contact you regularly with news, events, offers and opportunities we feel are relevant to help you get the most value from your membership.
For World Class suppliers and other organisations
- To promote your organisation on the WCSQM website in line with your Supplier Agreement
- To send you information, promotional and sponsorship opportunities which we feel may be of interest to you
- to investigate and address your queries and questions including those you raise with by contacting us via our website and by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where we have your permission to do so, to send you information about Our products and services; and
- to process a donation you make.
We may also share your Personal Information with:
- schools, in order to facilitate a school / student mentorship / moderation process
- We use a third party provider, Mailchimp to deliver our newsletters. You can find more information at https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
- You can read more about how our main service providers comply with GDPR through the following links: https://kb.mailchimp.com/accounts/management/about-mailchimp-the-eu-swiss-privacy-shield-and-the-gdpr
If we have a contract with another organisation to provide services on our behalf or if we share information with other parties as set out above, we’ll make sure that they also have appropriate security measures in place and only process your personal data in accordance with our instructions and not for any other purpose.
If you are not willing to provide your personal data then you will not be able to benefit from many of our services or participate in our subscription / assessment processes.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
To process your data lawfully, we rely on the following grounds:
Consent of the data subject – In regards to sending marketing emails and when processing special category data.
Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract – This basis is used for processing data relating to staff, students on the programme and volunteer assessors who are part of the WCSQM subscription and accreditation process.
Legitimate interests – We may process personal data where, when weighed against your rights as a data subject, it is in our legitimate interest to do so.
Specifically, WCSQM uses this basis in the following situations and for the following legitimate interests:
- To facilitate successful use of the WCSQM characteristics app in order to improve World Class characteristics in students
- To facilitate a successful WCSQM accreditation and assessment process in order to identify and award students and schools in the UK as World Class.
- To promote World Class suppliers and other partner organisations with the capacity to help improve the quality of the education offered by non-selective state schools in the UK.
If you object to us using your data where we are relying on our legitimate interests as explained above please contact email@example.com
Special category data
We may, with your consent, process ‘special categories’ of personal data (sensitive personal data) for students and staff such as ethnicity data for equality and diversity purposes, and health information for medical purposes. We will never share this information without your consent.
We won’t do anything with your information you wouldn’t reasonably expect. If you have any queries regarding how we process your data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will only hold your information for as long as is necessary in line with our retention policy, which is usually for as long as you have an active relationship with WCSQM or as long as the law requires.
Using Our Website
Your personal data may be collected via the WCSQM website in two ways:
- web-server logs; and
- the entering of name, email addresses, mobile phone numbers.
- In addition, we may gather personal data:
- from the personal data you provide to us; and
- from information you provide to us via social media or other forums.
Web server logs
When you visit this Site, your visit is logged by our web server as is the case with most websites. This log information is statistically analysed by our staff to show trends in the use of the website, such as the popularity of particular pages.
This log information does not identify you personally. It does not identify your email address. It may include the IP address and/or fully qualified domain name of the computer you use. You should be aware that this information might identify the company you work for (if you access the Site from your place of work), or your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
We may log clicks on the links to other websites that are included in Our Site. This is to help us determine the popularity of such links. Since this link-logging is included in our web logs, it will record the identity of the computer making the request but does not identify you personally.
If you access our website by way of a hardware firewall, a proxy server or any other kind of router (such as a dial-up modem connection at your ISP) then it is the address of the router that will appear in our logs and not the address of your computer.
During the course of your use of our website you may choose to enter your name / email address / phone number when submitting a query via the ‘Contact Us’ page. This information will only be used in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice.
Hyperlinks to other websites
Your rights and your personal data
You have rights regarding your personal data. You can:
- request a copy of your data that We hold;
- request that we correct any personal data that is incorrect or out of date;
- request your personal data is deleted if it is no longer necessary for us to process it;
- withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- request your personal data is transferred to another data controller (this is called data portability);
- request a restriction is placed on further processing your data; and
- object to how your personal data is processed.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or other relevant supervisory authority.
This policy was last updated as of November 2020.
There are a variety of cookies used on the WCSQM website, mostly to improve the user experience and help us tailor content to user need.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files that are stored on your computer, tablet or mobile phone when you visit a website. The cookies mean that the website will remember you and how you’ve used the site every time you come back.
What Cookies Are In Place
Having as effective a website as possible really matters to us as a small charity. That is why we, like many other organisations, use Google Analytics to help us understand how you use the site so that we can improve your experience. These cookies track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit because by knowing this we can see which content is most engaging which helps us in planning future work.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
For more information on Facebook cookies please visit https://www.facebook.com/help/109378269482053/?helpref=hc_fnav
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser ‘Help’ for how to do this). Please be aware that disabling cookies may affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit.
Changes To This Cookies Policy
If you have any queries about this Cookies Policy please email us at email@example.com.