We believe our schools prepare their students to become effective World Class citizens in a global economy which is typified by technological innovation, is highly competitive and where entrepreneurism is celebrated. World Class Schools equip students with knowledge, skills and confidence to thrive in a challenging international environment where those who succeed take risks and continually pursue improvement. World Class students are educated to be active and effective citizens who have qualifications that give them choices and the competences to choose well. They have developed a level of emotional and intellectual literacy that enables them to navigate the wealth of opportunities and achieve success and contentment for themselves.
International Expansion of the Quality Mark
In 2018 we began the process of expanding the Mark internationally through the international partnerships our current partner schools have. Using the exchange programmes already in place for their schools, schools can test whether their own students are still World Class, and support their exchange school to assess whether their students are World Class also.
The International Accreditation Process
- The accredited World Class school recommends their exchange partner school they think are potentially World Class, and where the recommended school is interested in participating in accreditation, share with them the World Class Assessment Framework.
- Students from the two exchange schools produce a video collaboratively, called ‘A World Class Partnership xxx and xxx School’. The video features:
- A celebration of each individual school’s language curriculum, filmed by the students at that school, completed prior to the exchange taking place.
- Activities, events and elements of the exchange itself at one school, filmed by the students from both schools.
- A range of skills and competencies in the assessment framework.
Staff from both schools assess the video against the skills and competencies WCSQM framework, and moderate each other’s assessment. The assessment is quality assured by WCSQM.
At the end of the accreditation, if all parties are successful, our World Class Schools receive confirmation that their students are still World Class, and the status International Accrediting School and the schools abroad are accredited as World Class International Schools.
In 2020 Finham Park School in Coventry successfully achieved International accrediting school status with Viva School in Uganda
Congratulations to our inaugural 2018 World Class Accrediting and International Schools
Claremont High School, Harrow with Gymnasium F. F. Runge, Oranienburg, Germany
Some Benefits of becoming an International World Class School
- Develop international partnerships, opportunities to study abroad and work experience opportunities for staff and students
- Access to a process that provides students with a competitive edge for places at the best international universities.
- Ongoing revenue-generating opportunities internationally through, for example, becoming the lead accrediting World Class School in a given country.
- Sharing the best teaching and learning materials internationally.
- Recognition as one of the best schools internationally.
- Giving students an opportunity to network with World Class peers globally.
- Opportunities to work with, and learn from, outstanding practitioners from across the network.
“World Class status makes us attractive to global industries that operate locally, such as Jaguar Land Rover, and has provided incredible opportunities for our students through work shadowing and apprenticeships.” Chris Bishop, Headteacher, Finham Park School in Coventry