Clapton Girls’ Academy celebrate outstanding A-level, BTEC and GCSE results
Clapton Girls’ Academy students are celebrating fabulous exam results! We are so proud of their determination to succeed and the flexibility they have demonstrated.
- 51% A*-A (up 20% from 2019 pre-Covid results)
- 78% A*-B (up 20% from 2019 pre-Covid results)
- 94% A*-C
- 100% A*-E
- 100% A*-A EPQ
- 80% Distinction or above for BTEC
- 97% Merit or above for BTEC
- 18% of all A-Level students had straight A*/A grades
- 44% of all A-level students had AAB or better grades
- 140 A-level students achieved A* or A grades
Students are celebrating gaining their places on a wide range of university courses.
Top performing A-level students:
- Ayman Panchbhaya, (A*A*A*A) heading to Queen Mary to study Law said, ‘I’m very surprised and very excited with my results. I’m so grateful to my teachers and everyone who has helped me. I’m excited for my future. The amount of support I’ve received has been unbelievable.’
- Mindy Addison Stuart, (A*A*A*) heading to Leeds to study Economics & Geography said, ‘I’m ecstatic about my results. I was really helped at CGA to get what I didn’t expect! The teaching and support is phenomenal.’
- Scarlett Mendick, (A*A*A*) heading to Cambridge to study Geography said, ‘I am very surprised but very happy! I’m really thankful for CGA’s incredibly supportive environment where the teachers are always there for you and for the amazing teaching I had for all my subjects.’
- Umera Shakirahmed, (A*A*A*) heading to London Southbank to study Diagnostic Radiography said, ‘Thank you to all our teachers who made us realise our potential and pushed us to do our best!’
- Daisy O’Connell, (A*A*A*) will be studying Geography at Oxford said, ‘I’m a bit shocked but very happy with my results. I came to CGA’s Sixth Form from another school and everyone was always so reassuring and made me feel so supported and valued.’
- Ciara Sayat, (A*A*A*) heading to Kings to study Medical Physiology said, ‘CGA has helped me since Year 7. The support is like no other – the teachers are always there to reassure and help you to keep going.’
Huge congratulations also go to the academy’s BTEC cohort with many triple distinction stars (equivalent to 3 A grades at A-level) for BTEC Business, Applied Science and Health & Social Care:
- Rumeysa Cerrah, Nadia Hashim, Nilay Yozgyur, Chelsea Moccia and Samiya Omar all acheived D*D*D*. they are now excited to go on to further studies at university on courses including Adult Nursing, Criminology & Psychology and Human Resource Management.
- Zerin Haque, (D*D*D) who is going on to an apprenticeship in accountancy said, ‘I am so happy that I can go on to gain qualifications through the route of working for a company. What helped me achieve my fantastic results was the one-to-one support I received and the encouragement
to motivate myself.
- Roqia Matin, (D*D*D) heading to Westminster to study Marketing Management said, ‘We were shown what to do every step of the way and supported by CGA’s Sixth Form at every moment.’‘We are extremely proud of our Year 13s. Despite the many Covid setbacks they have encountered along the way their determination and resilience has got them their fabulous results! We look forward to seeing what exciting things their futures hold. They are shining examples of our CGA motto: ‘Arrive with a Dream, Leave with a Future!’ Ms Reed, Director of Sixth FormHeadteacher, Anna Feltham, said: ‘We are delighted with this year’s results which are testament to the outstanding work ethic and resilience of our Year 13 students. Having missed exam experience in Year 11, they have been so impressive in rising to the challenge of public exams. Their success is also due to the hard work and commitment of our dedicated teaching and support staff and the support of parents, families and the wider school community.’ Ms Feltham, Headteacher
- 45% grade 7+
- 88% grade 4+
- 70% grade 5+ (in English and Maths)
- 83% grade 4+ (in English and Maths)
We are very proud of all our students who have done so well and are as excited as they are about their future studies in Year 12.
Top performing GCSE students who amassed a whopping 39 grade 9s between them:
- Hetty Amis-Woods, Nico Dietz & Scarlett Nathan-Palmer – 10 x grade 9s
- Phoebe Toft – 9 x grade 9s
Special congratulations to:
- Josie Ellis who managed to get full marks in GCSE English Literature
- The Xue siblings; Belle in Year 11 adding to her GCSE Mandarin achieved in Year 8 by collecting more fantastic GCSE results and Jenny in Year 10 achieving a grade 9 in GCSE Mandarin.
Scarlett Nathan-Palmer (10 x grade 9) & Ivy Johnson (7 x grade 9, 3 x grade 8)
“We did so well and it’s all down to our teachers. We love them – they made a very difficult year a lot easier by being so supportive!”
Phoebe Toft (9 x grade 9)
“I was really surprised with how well I’ve done. The extra help from the teachers before and after school made such a difference to my grades.”
Ms Stewart-Parker, Assistant Headteacher, said: ‘We are absolutely thrilled with the students’ results. It has been lovely to celebrate all their achievements with them today. They have worked incredibly hard and impressed us with their relentless positivity, determination and can-do attitude’.
For additional information or questions, please contact:
020 8985 6641 ext 253