WCSQM Awards Ceremony 6th December 2021
Our annual Awards Ceremony came back bigger and better for 2021, as we celebrated the achievements of our World Class schools and their students at the magnificent Sheldonian Theatre, Oxford.
After a challenging 18 months, we were delighted to be able to invite our accredited World Class school staff and students to join us for an evening of celebrations to mark the World Class achievements of students, staff and school leaders UK wide. The evening focused on celebrating not necessarily academic excellence, but the World Class characteristics demonstrated by students at a time when these have never been more important.
Thanks very much for a fantastic experience yesterday. Our students had a brilliant experience and enjoyed the Oxford experience immensely. The speakers were really inspiring, and we were so pleased that Lexy and Axella were celebrated for their essay writing. Claire Exton, Joint Head of English, King Ecgbert School
All 120+ World Class schools were invited to the event where school leaders, staff and students came together to enjoy a range of pre-ceremony student enrichment and networking opportunities including…
- A tour of the Oxford University colleges run by Target Schools, Oxford SU’s student led access programme
- Oxford University’s Oxplore, ‘the home of the big questions’, hosted sessions for primary and secondary school staff and students on using their debating platform in the classroom to spark ideas, tackle complex issues and encourage intellectual curiosity.
- School leaders from World Class schools across the UK were invited to join a networking drinks reception in the stunning Sheldonian Attic, where they could meet, mingle and enjoy a preview of some of the visually stunning video content from our sponsors, ClickView.
And the ceremony itself, including…
- A keynote talk by Professor Robert Douglas Fairhurst, author of the newly published ‘The Turning Point’.
- A celebration of the 2020/2021 accrediting and reaccrediting schools
- A Q and A with bestselling author Dan Freedman, who announced the winners of our 2021 essay writing competition
- Presentations from primary and secondary students involved in the accreditation process
- Awards and commendations presented to students in the following categories:
- Essay writing competition – shortlisted and winning students
- WCSQM Character Award winners
- The World Class School of 2021 – sponsored by ClickView
- Live musical performances from World Class school students
Download the event press release for a list of Award winners and nominees
It was a pleasure and an honour to be involved in the evening. Thank you very much indeed for inviting me. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many happy, proud faces in one place before. Professor Robert Douglas-Fairhurst
“It was an honour to be invited to the WCSQM Awards Ceremony hosted by the University of Oxford. I was humbled to meet so many outstanding students equipped with the knowledge, skills and confidence to thrive. They are a credit to the equally impressive schools and families that support them.” Jon Datta, Deputy Director of Access, Cambridge University
Our event sponsor – ClickView
ClickView is an award winning video platform for primary and secondary schools. Access visually stunning, curriculum-aligned video content and teacher resources, plus contextual on-demand TV. Trusted by over 5000 schools, we put world-class video content for effective teaching and learning at the fingertips of educators and students. For more information visit www.clickview.co.uk