WCSQM Awards Ceremony 6th December 2021
Our annual Awards Ceremony is back bigger and better for 2021, where we will be celebrating the achievements of our World Class schools and their students at the magnificent Sheldonian Theatre, Oxford.
After a challenging 18 months, we are very excited to be inviting our accredited World Class school staff and students to join us for an evening of celebrations to mark the World Class achievements of students, staff and school leaders UK wide. The evening will focus on celebrating not necessarily academic excellence, but the World Class characteristics demonstrated by students at a time when these have never been more important.
All 120+ World Class schools are invited to the event where school leaders, staff and a small number of students will come together to enjoy a range of pre-ceremony student enrichment and networking opportunities including…
- A tour of the Oxford University colleges run by Target Schools, Oxford SU’s student led access programme
- Oxford University’s Oxplore, ‘the home of the big questions’, will be hosting sessions for primary and secondary school staff and students on using their debating platform in the classroom spark ideas, tackle complex issues and encourage intellectual curiosity.
- School leaders from World Class schools across the UK will be invited to join a networking drinks reception in the stunning Sheldonian Attic, where they can meet, mingle and enjoy a preview of some of the visually stunning video content from our sponsors, ClickView.
And the ceremony itself, including…
- A keynote talk by Professor Robert Douglas Fairhurst, author of the newly published ‘The Turning Point’.
- A celebration of the 2020/2021 accrediting and reaccrediting schools
- A presentation from Thahmina Begum, Headteacher at Forest Gate Community School in Newham, the WCSQM School of the Year 2020. Thahmina, who recently featured in The Guardian for being one of the youngest headteachers in the UK, will present on how the school has benefited from their WCSQM accreditation
- A Q and A with the author Dan Freedman, who is our essay competition judge
- Presentations from primary and secondary students involved in the accreditation process
- Awards and commendations presented to students in the following categories:
- Essay writing competition – shortlisted and winning students
- WCSQM Character Award winners
- The World Class School of 2021 – sponsored by ClickView
- Live musical performances from World Class school students
The jewel in Oxford’s crown, and ceremonial home of the University of Oxford, the Sheldonian Theatre is the ideal setting for our return to the important in-person ceremony our schools have come to enjoy as the place to recognise and celebrate their students’ achievements both in and out of the classroom. Centrally located, it gives visiting staff and students the opportunity to turn the event into a student enrichment trip, making the most of the free educational activities and architecture nearby.
Our event sponsor – ClickView
ClickView is an award winning video platform for primary and secondary schools. Access visually stunning, curriculum-aligned video content and teacher resources, plus contextual on-demand TV. Trusted by over 5000 schools, we put world-class video content for effective teaching and learning at the fingertips of educators and students. For more information visit www.clickview.co.uk
For more information and to book your place
The Awards Ceremony is free to attend for accredited World Class schools, however spaces are limited and pre-booking is essential. We suggest booking a maximum of 9 spaces per school, to include school leader/s, up to 6 students, and accompanying staff. Subject to available space we we will do our best to offer additional spaces for parents and students, on request.
For more information on the event itself and to book your place download your event invitation.