Creativity takes on Covid – WCSQM competition
To mark a year of creativity in lockdown, we have partnered with Forest Gate Community School‘s expressive arts faculty to create our 2020/21 competition.
Throughout 2020 our World Class students impressed and inspired us with their resilience and creativity in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. Our #BeCreative initiative coinciding with World Earth Day in April 2020 inspired hundreds of students to create brilliant creative pieces in lockdown that we shared as part of our 2020 Symposium, and that have now been sealed in our #BeCreative time capsule.
Watch the video below to find out more about our ‘creativity takes on Covid’ holiday competition – details and t&cs follow below.
Pupils/ ex-pupils should create a piece entitled ‘Lockdown’ that conveys the experiences and emotions of individuals or groups in response to the title.
The competition is open to all year groups, from our primary, secondary and special schools, and all WCSQM alumni.
The piece can be created in any medium, for example, artwork, spoken word and written word, drama, etc.
Deadline & submission details
The deadline for submissions has now been extended to 12.00pm on 5th February 2021.
- be sent to email@example.com or uploaded using this link.
- be labelled with first and second name of applicant, school name (if applicable), year group (or age if no longer at school).
- (if you are under 13 years of age) include your parent/ carer’s name, signature, contact email and/or phone number, and they must write the sentence ‘I give my permission for my child’s name, age and submitted work to be shared publicly by WCSQM.
- The first prize is £100.00 worth of materials for the winner to develop their creativity in the media of their submission, (see terms and conditions). The submission that is awarded first prize will feature in the WCSQM Awards Ceremony.
- The second and third prize is £20.00 worth of materials for each winner to develop their creativity in the media of their submission (see terms and conditions). The submissions that are awarded first and second prize will feature in the WCSQM Awards Ceremony.
- Honourable mentions will receive a WCSQM certificate, and be shortlisted for the WCSQM Individual Achievement Award, which will be awarded at the Awards Ceremony.
Terms and conditions
- One entry per person
- Submissions will be judged by Forest Gate Community School expressive arts faculties and and the judgement will be moderated by WCSQM.
- Submissions must be from students or ex students from World Class Schools or schools going through the WCSQM accreditation process.
- The decision of WCSQM as to the winners is final, and non-contestable.
- There will be one winner, two runners up, and ten honourable mentions.
- The ten honourable mentions will be announced on February 5th 2021
- The winner and runners up will be announced at the WCSQM virtual Awards Ceremony, March 18th 2021.
- Winners will be decided on the basis of World Class creativity.
- Submissions will be shared publicly at the Awards Ceremony, as will the full names, and ages of those submitting. WCSQM retains the right to use all submissions for publicity.
- The prize for the winner, and second and third prizes will be purchased by WCSQM on the winners’ behalf. WCSQM reserve the right to refuse the winners’ choice of prize and supplement it with a replacement.