World Class Schools Link up with LinkedIn – 26th November 2020
We have partnered with professional networking platform LinkedIn to support our World Class schools to develop your alumni network effectively and easily. This one-hour online session will help you manage your alumni association effectively, and promote your World Class 6th form to best effect.
When: Thursday November 26th 2020 3:30-4:30pm (virtual; live).
Who is it for: World Class SLT leads; alumni managers; marketing/ media/ social media managers; Heads of 6th form
Brought to you by: our corporate social responsibility partner LinkedIn
More and more 16 + young people are using LinkedIn to
- Develop their profile
- Establish their alumni credentials
- Research post 16 and post 18 education opportunities
- Find a job
As a World Class school you can
- Brand yourself as World Class on LinkedIn
- Attract 6th form applicants
- Support your current 16+ students to
- set up a LinkedIn profile
- endorse themselves as World Class on LinkedIn, and link back to your school profile
- Use your World Class brand and the LinkedIn Alumni functionality to drive your alumni association forward.
- Why LinkedIn for schools and pupils?
- What schools can do on the platform
- Establish, position & promote their school’s brand (for 6th form places in particular)
- Showcase the partnership with World Class Schools
- Develop alumni community
- LinkedIn alumni functionality
- WCSQM app
- How to do it
- Set up a schools page on LinkedIn (or how to convert a company page to a schools one – highlighting the alumni functionality as a key reason to do this)
- Basic editing/assets on your schools page
- Importance of actively working with 6th formers to get a LinkedIn profile and ensure they link to the school in their profiles
Our sessions run by LinkedIn for students during lockdown were some of our most oversubscribed and successful.
“I thoroughly enjoyed the LinkedIn session and would like to thank you for your part in organising it. I found it incredibly informative, particularly about thinking of myself as a brand and having the confidence to reach out to people that could help me with my future career. I am looking forward to using my new account.” Ella Patel, Year 12, The Heathland School’
How to register
This session is free to all World Class accredited and accrediting school staff, and you can have as many staff join the session as would find it useful. A recording of the session will be sent to all those that sign up, so if you can’t make the date and time as long as you’ve registered for the event you will automatically receive a recording to view in your own time.
Email Maria Georgiou on email@example.com to register for the event.