WCSQM Student Character Campaign Student of the Month
The World Class Student of the Month campaign recognises and awards students actively demonstrating World Class characteristics.
The WCSQM Student of the Month Award
All accredited and subscribed World Class schools are invited and encouraged to submit students across any and all year groups for a Student Character Award. This is awarded each month to a student who has demonstrated a particular World Class characteristic to a World Class standard, from the WCSQM characteristics framework.
Each month, the student of the month and commended students will be featured on our Student Hall of Fame and congratulated via social media. Nominated students are also automatically shortlisted for biannual Student Character Awards, presented to students across all framework categories at our Awards Ceremony in December, and Symposium in July.
Promote the campaign to your students with our promotional campaign poster, sharing the benefits of taking part and being World Class.
You can also incentivise and reward students for demonstrating World Class characteristics across the framework areas with our framework area badges.
Who can nominate?
Teachers / staff members from accredited World Class schools or subscribing schools can nominate students they feel have demonstrated a specific World Class characteristic to a World Class standard. They can nominate at any time and the student will be considered for the current/ next month’s award as appropriate, and for the next Student Character Award presentation. Students can be nominated more than once for different characteristics, should they choose to complete more than one. There is no limit to the number of students a school can nominate, or the number of times each student can be nominated (as long as the nomination is for a different characteristic each time).
Who can be nominated for the award?
Any student is eligible who demonstrates World Class characteristics. A student can be nominated for demonstrating any characteristic in any area of the framework to a world class standard.
How to nominate your student/s for the Student of the Month award
For schools using the WCSQM app…
- Access the student’s framework area by clicking on their submission, click ‘actions’, then ‘send/modify feedback’ (remember you will only have access to this once the student has submitted their framework area to you for feedback and approval)
- Highlight, copy and paste into an email the
- Characteristic itself, e.g. c…have an area of expertise or specialism
- The student’s explanation of how they have demonstrated this characteristic
- A copy of the image they have uploaded related to this characteristic (right click the image, click copy, paste)
- Title email Character of the Month – Area (add the area this characteristic relates to, e.g. Leader / Learner etc.)
- Include in the email the full name of the student, their year group, and attach their photo (for the Hall of Fame should they win Student of the Month)
Send the email to email@example.com.
For schools not using the WCSQM app…
The nominating staff member will be contacted via email if their student/s are awarded Student of the Month, and this will be published on the WCSQM website and shared on WCSQM’s social media. Please ensure you have obtained the relevant permissions for publicly sharing any evidence supporting your student/s nomination. Please include a photo of the nominated student with your submission – this will be featured on the WCSQM Hall of Fame if the student is successful in achieving Student of the Month.
Feel free to contact us with any queries on the campaign, or the WCSQM skills and competencies framework.
Downloadable supporting materials
Student of the Month – Winners
Visit our Hall of Fame to see our Student of the Month winners