WCSQM Virtual Awards Ceremony 18th March 2021
Our virtual Awards Ceremony featured an inspirational demonstration of the World Class achievements of our schools and students in a year of lockdown. Watch the ceremony in full here.
Watch the WCSQM Awards Ceremony here
Event programme & timings
0:00 – Introduction
0:54 – Performance composed and presented by Ruben Mahendra, Year 12, Sandringham School, St Albans
4:57 – Student of the Month Award, sponsored by Go 4 Schools
14:32 – Essay Competition Award presented by Professor Sarah-Jayne Blakemore, Cambridge University, and King Ecgbert School in Sheffield
23:48 – The WCSQM Alumni Association launch an exciting competition for World Class alumni students
26:00 – Moor End Academy awarded WCSQM Accreditation
28:50 – An overview of the 2021 virtual Assessment Centre
44:11 – Lockdown competition award, sponsored by DPR, in partnership with Forest Gate Community School
58:10 – Lockdown competition gallery of submissions
1:04:44 – Closing remarks
Don’t miss this if you are
- a World Class student that entered one of our competitions or has been involved in a World Class project this year
- a World Class school with students involved or interested in finding out more about how your accreditation can benefit your students
- a school interested in finding out more about how WCSQM can work with you to develop your students’ World Class characteristics
Download our editable Awards Ceremony 2021 press release to share news of the event and your school / students’ achievements with your local press and families.
We’re incredibly grateful to all our World Class schools and students for sharing their inspirational and thought provoking creative pieces and stories with us, for the benefit of our wider World Class network of schools and partners.
“Thank you for putting on an uplifting celebration of the fantastic work of so many young people across the country. We were all thrilled for our students who were longlisted in such strong numbers and with the honourable mention. Thanks for all you do to promote curriculum enrichment, it is much valued by all colleagues at Featherstone.” G Wadwa, Headteacher, Featherstone High School
Our awards are sponsored by World Class organisations that share our passion for supporting students to access
World Class characteristics and opportunities. Our thanks go to…
Dynamic Progress Reporting – Sponsors of our Lockdown Competition Award
The Dynamic Progress Reporting (DPR) is an online whole school learning management system. It is more than just an assessment tool as it assists the whole school curriculum planning and its implementation. DPR is used at some of the most successful schools in the UK. It was pioneered by World Class Forest Gate Community School (FGCS), our Award partners.
Go 4 Schools – Sponsors of the Student of the Month Award
GO 4 Schools is a powerful, joined-up, online system that supports whole-school improvement in a way no other system does. GO 4 Schools will improve engagement with parents and students by sharing assessment, behaviour and attendance information. Improve access to the latest information to support teaching and learning decisions with a full 360 degree view of all students. Ensuring your school is making joined-up and effective decisions for informed improvement. We are proud to support the Student of the Months award for World Class Schools.
WCSQM Awards Ceremony July 2021
Following the postponement of our 2020 assessment process due to the pandemic, the awards ceremony for accrediting schools, student assessors and individual student achievements will now take place as part of our annual symposium in July 2021.
Nominate your school / student for an award
We welcome nominations from our accrediting and accredited World Class schools for the 2020/21 World Class School and 2020/21 Individual Student Achievement Awards.
Individual Student Achievement Award
This award is presented to the student that has demonstrated exceptional World Class skills and competencies in school, at home, and/or in their local community. Students from any year group of any World Class school, can be nominated for the award.
Nomination criteria / procedure
- Nominations are accepted from:
- Each World Class school (staff and/or alumni student/s) can submit up to three nominations for the Individual Student Achievement Award, and these can be students at their own school, a peer World Class school, or a combination of both.
- Nominations from each school should be submitted via email (see below) to include the following information:
- The name and year group of the student/s being nominated
- Details of the World Class skills and competencies demonstrated by the student/s. (Where possible we ask you refer to the WCSQM skills and competencies framework relevant to the category of school – i.e. primary / special / secondary).
- The name and year group / position of the nominating staff/alumni student/s. Where possible please submit nominations on one email.
World Class School of the Year Award
This award is presented to the school that has demonstrated exceptional support and development of their students’ World Class skills and competencies through initiatives in school, virtually and in their local community. This includes, but is not limited to, schools that have worked with WCSQM on events, initiatives and competitions, with the aim of developing their students’ World Class characteristics.
Nomination criteria / procedure
- Nominations are accepted from
- World Class accredited or accrediting schools nominating a peer World Class school
- World Class accredited schools nominating their own school
- World Class partners nominating a school they work with
- Any individuals (parents / local community members) that can evidence reasons for their nomination using the submission process below
- World Class alumni students nominating their own or another accredited World Class school.
- Each organisation / individual (outside of WCSQM) can nominate only one school for the award.
- Nominations should be submitted via email (see below) to include the following information:
- The name and address of the school/s being nominated
- Details of how the school has worked to enhance and develop World Class skills and competencies across their student cohort (where possible we ask you refer to the World Class skills and competencies framework relevant to that category of school – i.e. primary / secondary / special).
- The name / year group / position of the nominating staff / alumni student/s / organisation representative as appropriate.
Submit your nominations to…
Maria Georgiou by email: firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 5th June 2021.
Schools and students shortlisted for an award will be informed by email 2-4 weeks prior to the Awards Ceremony.